A new residential subdivision in Victoria was created including the construction of 800 houses and a man-made wetland. This required the excavation of all drains, sewers, underground power, lighting, footpaths and roads; which resulted in thousands of cubic metres of topsoil and soil rock.
Supply a truck washing system to meet environmental protection authority requirements for all vehicles entering and leaving the site to ensure the following:
- Control of mud and spoil on local residential roads.
- Stop seed migration into surrounding fields & grazing land.
- Protection of contamination of noxious weeds into flora & forests of weed & flowering non-native grass lands.
- Prevention of airborne dry dust from trucks into residential, areas & maintain clean safe roads.
- Contingency strategy for wet weather events / prevention of mud & clays along critical roads & freeways.
- Clean roads & edges help keep sensitive wetlands, creeks, rivers free from heavy silts impacting fauna & and natural habitat in our sensitive wetlands, maintaining healthy oxygen & micro-organisms.
PR Water were commissioned to supply and establish a PR200 Truck Wheel Wash onsite.
Then, to ensure EPA compliance, all site traffic was diverted through the PR200 Truck Wheel Wash before leaving site including: light commercials, rigid tip trucks & all truck semi-trailers. 300+ trucks and 100 light commercial units drove through the truck wash system each day on this remote site.
Capabilities of the PR200 Truck Wheel Wash system during this project include:
- Fully established & operational within 1 hour after delivery by crane truck.
- Capturing all debris, mud & seed for compliant disposal.
- Water re-use for water conservation.
- Some flock used to improve water re-use and conserve water from local reserves.
- PR Water provided a silenced 30KVA generator for isolated sites.
- Full support from skilled technicians and back up for EPA compliant waste management expertise.